Saturday, January 08, 2011

Whats happening Now

We have told you how we got here, now let me tell you alittle bit about where we are in this overwhelming process. We have had our initial home study meeting, I was extremely nervous but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. All our first round of document are in order, we are reading "A Connected Child" (Brad and I neither one are big readers but we are really trying). We have to complete a webinar after we finish the book, we have given ourselves until next weekend to complete the book and webinar (this is one area where prayer will be needed).

Next Thursday the 13th, we have our final meeting with Kelly, our social worker, this is where she will talk with Brad and I separately. After this Kelly will draft our home study report. Then onto bigger things...compiling our documents for our dossier. First I plan on submitting our paperwork for our I-600A, then they will respond with a date and time for us to get fingerprinted. Then onto pictures of the house, kids, family& friends, more reference letters, passports and blood tests. So basically between working, being wife and mommy, I will be up to my elbows in paper work. To be totally honest, I can't wait! This is such an exciting time....Brad has recently compared me to a race horse and he is trying to catch up. I want to talk about everything and he is saying lets address on thing at a time. I can't seem to slow myself down.

More exciting news...there is a medical trip for Jeremie scheduled for early February where additional information on the orphans will be available. I believe that there are around 300 children at our orphanage currently and one of them is ours. We are hopeful that shortly after the trip we will be able to select the gender and age of our child. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment