Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Waiting Period

We finished our home study on Tuesday, WHEW...... I was nervous but all went well. So our first round of documents are in Kelly's hands. Over the next couple of weeks Kelly will be finalizing our home study. How Exciting!!!  My home study folder has now become my Dossier folder, it goes to work with me pretty much everyday. I continue to gather documents, once we receive our prepared home study from Kelly we can submit our paperwork for our I-600A.

I continue to hear heartbeaking news about Haiti each week. Please be in prayer for the country as there are so many unknowns for the men and women living there, not to mention our child. However, this past Sunday we heard awsome news of how God is moving in Carrefour, Haiti. Source da la Grace is a church that was planted in Carrefour by Pastor Mosie Vaval, Mosie not only lost his son in the earthquake last year but the church was also destroyed. Mosie did not lose faith or his vision for Haiti. Our church was able to share in rebuilding Source da la Grace, which held its first service in the new building since the quake this past week on January 12th which was the one year anniversay. The service started at the exact time of the quake and the church was overflowing with attendants, over 1500 to be exact. I don't know about you but that just gives me chills.  So many familes were displaced  just over one year ago and still to date over 1 million people are living in tents. God is using his people to bring light to Haiti. I feel so blessed that God has called us to walk along side our church family to help make a difference for his Kingdom.  

No comments:

Post a Comment