Monday, August 15, 2011

Can't Believe We Are Here

So the moment has arrived when we finally sent our Dossier to Haiti. We are part of a group through NLL where the families support each other going through the adoption process, let me just say how thankful I am for this group. I'm sure this want be the last time that I will be super grateful for the support, a sweet couple from the group was headed to Haiti Sunday and agreed to hand deliver our Dossier to Dr. Bernard. What a peace I felt when Lindsay agreed to do this for us.

I can't wait for the moment we receive our call or email from Dr. Bernard with a picture of our sweet, precious child. What a wave of emotion that will be. I keep thinking I have already experienced every emotion possible but then again I know this is only the beginning. (On a side note I teared up Friday when we packaged up our Dossier to send to CO, Brad thought I was alittle overboard but from one mother to another that resembled one step closer to bringing my sweet child home, He gets it, he was really happy but he just didn't feel the need to shed tears. However, this momma couldn't have stopped them.)

I can't wait for our first evening as a family of 5 at home just hanging out or our first Sunday at church together. We went on a small day trip over the weekend and I couldn't help but think our child should be there with us making these family memories. I am overcome with joy that the Lord has found our family faithful and worthy of such an AMAZING opportunity to walk with Him. I continue to feel God's grace during this process.

I know we will continue to struggle as more time passes, our hearts will become saddened by that fact that our precious child sits hundreds of miles away waiting for us to bring them home forever. I will do my best to remind myself that my Heavenly Father loves our child even more than we do and His plan is perfect. May His will be done and may glory and praise be given to Him.   

  

1 comment:

  1. I was surprised how awed I felt by the responsibility of carrying that dossier! It was safely in Dr. B's hands Sunday evening. Monday was a holiday in Haiti, so the office was closed, but they should be working through everything now and matching you soon! What is the age range you requested? I hope one of the photos I managed to get might be of your child when you find out.

    ReplyDelete